Protecting a VVIP
1) You need to have his schedule, the places he visits before setting up a plan to clear all security risks
2) Visit all the places he goes with a mind to clear all security threats in places and people
3) Setup internal perimeters and outer perimeters especially in places of crowd
4) To identify all risks, you need to first remove threats by having a plan to counter, example;
5) Never reveal your mode of communications(Do not use standard equipment)If not, do not reveal the frequency you communicate with. Control access of info within your own personnel so nobody knows what is happenning until zero hour which is the mission.
6) Setup you teams, preferably in groups of four, minimum 2 persons so they can protect each other
7) Clear all your areas before your VVIP visits, air areas, houses, places, internal, even making sure the access to areas of concerns like rooftop watertanks must be secured, path of access of personnel that may slip in your areas of perimeters especially inner and other perimeters.
8) You need firepower. Rifles and guns are not enough, you need to neutralise the threat immediately, so a bazooka has the potential to do that.
9) Know your enemy’s weapon. If he carry a knife, take note of it length and type. Most knife can only cut, not kill unless you get a direct hit, or it is a type that after penetration, pull your guts out, other than that it is quite harmless, you just got to watch the hand that carry the knife. If it has only a cutting edge, it means he only has one direction to cut you, and normally will not achieve it. I never fear knives.
10) Know your vital organs, never expose it for attack, other parts is not that important, it will not kill you.
11) Access to media, always standby a team to handle information and the access of info so that only the direct personnel will know what is happening
12) In high risks areas where there many security threats, you not only need to comb the entire area your VVIP visits, but the outer borders way beyond time, eg 1 month to set up intelligence personnel to gather info, know everything about your ground.
13) If you can withstand extreme pain, torture will not have any effect on you, because you have already experienced pain.
“Appropriate response. I do not believe in letting the enemy get any advantage, and the appropriate response is to neutralise the enemy immediately, if they are terrorists with weapons, I will use air firepower against them.”
– Contributed by Oogle.